One Lovely Blog. That’s the name of the award that Chuck & the Collies (http://colliesofthemeadow.wordpress.com/2012/02/07/we-get-the-one-lovely-blog-award-award-a-collies-choice-award/) bestowed upon us and 5 other wonderful bloggers a couple of days ago. (I didn’t blog my response earlier because Bubba took her first steps so I had to blog about that). We love reading stories of the lives of the Collies and their Dad and we’re glad that they seem to feel the same about our little blog.
A special shout out to our gorgeous collie friend Trevor: a kiss for the top of your lovely fuzzy head, a rub for your leg that needs it most, and another kiss for your sore paw. x
Then, double wow – we were awarded the One Lovely Blog Award again – talk about lucky ducks! We are so very grateful to all of the gorgeous creatures – 2- and 4-legged – at the dogdaz zoo (http://dogdaz.com/2012/02/09/one-lovely-blog-award/) for sharing your wonderful stories with us and for recognising our story as a lovely one. We sure think it is!
The Rules of this award include are simple: share seven facts about yourself, then pay it forward – passing the award on to 5 other blogs. So here goes:
7 facts about us
1. I bought a suitcase (literally) full of baby girl clothes during my last visit to New York. That was August 2009. 8 months before I was pregnant. Twelve months before I knew I was having a baby girl. If you build it … (https://bumpyroadtobubba.com/2011/02/27/if-you-build-it-she-will-come/)
2. Bella has anxiety. It developed while I was pregnant. We’ve spent a lot of time, energy and money on vets, specialists, behaviourists and prozac. She’s super happy when she’s at home with her loved ones, but stresses when we’re out or when she perceives there maybe danger to her little pack. I’m a little worried about her (well, both of them really) with the upcoming home move, but will make sure I give out LOADS of extra loves (even more than usual).
3. Beary looks tough. He sounds tough. But he’s scared of plastic bags. I don’t ever want to imagine why.
4. I have finally sent a brief synopsis of my writing to someone in publishing. It’s a baby step, and if I’ve learned anything from reading adventures of other writers, it may be met with rejection by the next 100 someones I send it to. But it’s a start.
5. Bubba throws her arms up in the air and squeals with delight every afternoon when I arrive to pick her up from day care. It makes my day. Every day.
6. I have had a dream – more than once – that I am getting married on a beach. Bubba is my flower girl. She’s about 3. I can never see the man I’m going to marry. I wonder if this dream will come true one day?
7. I am addicted to sugar. It is bad. I wonder where my next sugar hit is going to come from as I’m putting the current one in my mouth. And right now there’s trouble, as in there’s no chocolate in the house. And Bubba’s asleep, so I can’t leave. I’m seriously contemplating making a batch of brownies so I can get a chocolate hit. Hmmm … the first step is admitting you’ve got a problem, right?
Now to bestow the One Lovely Blog Award on 5 other blogs. Like Chuck and the Collies and dogdaz, I thought it was probably time to branch out and hopefully send some more followers to a few bloggers who I haven’t mentioned before.
Milka is a one lovely great dane. The greatest in fact. I love all of Milka’s slobbers, but when I saw this week’s Wordless Wednesday post, I just wanted to curl up for a cuddle. You will too – http://milkathedane.wordpress.com/2012/02/08/wordless-wednesday-family/.
This mumma has turned an idea into a business so that her bubba can stay with her for longer. What a wise woman! Everyone should check out Sarah’s blog, particularly if you’re a mumma in Sydney though, as The Mama Club is opening soon! http://themamaclub.wordpress.com/about/
I’m relatively new to the few lovely blogs – but thoroughly enjoying them, they’re both written by Mummas.
I always wanted a huge family, so for now I am living vicariously through Vicky’s crew (the holy grail: FIVE daughters – all under 12)! What a fun household – http://www.vickythenorthernchicky.com/.
A mumma who is documenting the lives of her two gorgeous girls, I absolutely love her ‘about me’ description – it’s SO true! I am a consultant. I am on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Every day the decisions I make can effect wether or not people live or die, eat or starve, laugh or cry. So check it out – http://babybookforme.com/.
This young mumma looks for (and shares) the anomaly in the every day and – like me – is completely enraptured with her 5 month old bubba. I love her outlook and the realness of her blog. Check it out – http://domesticanomaly.wordpress.com/.
I’ve just realised that all of my awarded mumma’s have baby girls. Are girls really going to rule the world?
Okay, that’s it for me. I hope you these blogs as much as I do. Happy Saturday – I’m off house hunting (yep, AGAIN!).
9 Comments Add yours
Thank you so much for passing the award to me… I’m so proud and happy!
(Mum, c’mon… take it easy… you’re drooling all over the keyboard now…)
I’ll work on my post on it first thing in the morning!
Big slobbery smoochie!!
You’re very welcome Milka. I love your blog! x
You deserve this and so many awards for your wonderful blog! Keep up the wonderful posts!
THank you so much for the link and Trevor enjoyed his kisses and hugs.. He is really improving today and it is a great relief. Thank you for your kind words and support and prayers… we appreciate it deeply!
The Collies and Chuck 🙂
Congratulations on your awards, well deserved!
and here is one more, check it out here
You really do have a lovely blog. Congratulations. And good luck with your house hunting and with submitting your writing.
Congratulations! I love reading your blog and following your life’s journey – it is full of love and hope and joy. I wish you every success with your writing!
Do try to manage your sugar addiction! 🙂
Congrats on your wonderful award!!! We love your blog and look forward to reading each new post! We look forward to checking out the other blogs you’ve awarded 🙂
We also loved reading your 7 things, especially #5. How precious!!!! Have a nice weekend!
Congratulations on your award–well deserved!!
Moving can be tough for everyone. We had to move our Maggie three times in her lifetime, two times were long-distance moves. It was hard on her, but with a lot of attention, she was OK. Toby was fine, but he’s a different dog. Good luck with your house hunting!