No, I don’t really have a date (sadly). I’ve just come over all Alice in Wonderland. Minus the frock. And the crazy rabbit. And the mad hatter and his tea parties.
But I am late – very, very late – in saying thank you for these awards, bestowed upon us during the past couple of months. For my lateness I apologise. For the awards, I say a huge THANK YOU!
Firstly to Vicky for your probably long-forgotten Tagging of us. Vicky has five children. I know, right? Five! Super Mumma! We love her blog and are looking forward to new adventures when she eventually moves to Myrtle Beach! The ‘rules’ of this one are to answer a question the tagger listed in their post; create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer; choose 11 people to tag and link them in the post; then let each blogger know that you have tagged them. Simple, right? Well how come it’s taken me sooooooooo long to get to this? My questions to choose from are below. I thought it would be fun to answer all of them briefly, rather than one of them in-depth. I’m not going to ask anyone to answer them, but if you’d like to, feel free!
1. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? I wear boy’s deodorant. I started doing it when I was pregnant and bought the wrong one (pregnancy brain) and now I can’t go back to girl’s deodorant!
2. What is the most defining moment in your life thus far? 14:47 Friday 14 January 2011 – the moment I became a mumma!
3. Is it more important to love or be loved? If you love, you’ll be loved.
4. What’s the one thing you’d like others to remember about you at the end of your life? That I was kind and generous and an amazing mumma to Bubba and my 4-legged ones.
5. What small act of kindness were you once shown that you will never forget? Lots of them – I’m lucky huh?
6. Are you happy with yourself? Absolutely.
7. What is your most prized possession? Photo of my daddy & me on my bedside table.
8. In your lifetime, what have you done that hurt someone else? Not loved enough.
9. Right now, at this moment, what do you want most? Chocolate (no surprises there), oh, and a full night’s sleep would be nice too!
10. What’s something most people don’t know about you? I only have a 20 minute or so bus ride home and I get travel sickness nearly every day. Some days it’s so bad that I have to get off the bus before I get to my stop.
11. Who would you like to forgive? Me (see question 8).
I am also very late in saying Happy Blogiversary and thank you to my favourite Caucasian Shepherd, Bassa – for bestowing on us the You Make Me Shine award. Bassa, your posts always bring a little extra shine to our day. Oh, and we’re loving the Tall Person’s new blog Georgia About too! Georgia is now on our list of places to visit when Bubba is old enough for a European adventure. Although, given some of those food blogs, we may have to make it a short visit, or we’ll be piling on the pounds! Cheese bread anyone? Yum!
Next to the Misty Shores Chesapeakes – while not very ‘On Fire’ with my responses, our little blog visitor counter was on high rotation last week – we had over 10,000 visitors in a week. That’s more than we usually have in a month (sometimes two)! Things seem to have gotten a little less busy this week, but I’m glad for all of those new people who shared our story. But back to the Chesapeakes – super gorgeous, very clever and perfectly photogenic puppies who entertain us with their training (and puppy photos for me to oooh and aaaah at – when Bella and Beary aren’t watching me too closely). Thank you for your nomination. We always look forward to your stories.
Next, a huge thank you to Deanna and her divine crew of rescue fur family for nominating us for the Sunshine Award. Deanna is one of those angels who live on earth – the kind of person rescue dogs are glad live in this world and act to better their lives. We think she’s pawsome! The Sunshine Award asks that you answer more questions, but I think I’ve told you enough about me in the questions answered above! We all know I’m an over-sharer, but I may run out of things to tell you about my lovely little family if I do it all at once!
Thank you so much to Chuck and the Collies for awarding us the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. As a mumma who still reads and loves teen fiction, I loved the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants books and am super thrilled to receive this award. The stories we bloggers share with each other travel around the world, creating a real camaraderie amongst bloggers from all parts of the globe – kind of like the pants in the books! Chuck has had a tough time recently, losing his beloved Trevor, but he still manages to find the happy in every day. Of course with that amazing crew of fur family, it would be hard not to!
On a final note, thanks to our friend Rumpy for mentioning us in his Monday Blog Swap. Please don’t forget to vote for Rumpy in the Petties Awards. It’s for an amazingly worthwhile cause: if he wins, a shelter of his choosing gets the money. Rumpy just gets cookies! Which is probably a win:win hey Rumpy?
I’d like to say a right back at you to those who nominated us above, we think your blogs are tops! If you haven’t read the blogs I’ve mentioned today, you should definitely do yourself a favour and take some time to visit. Most of the bloggers who I would recommend you read – or pass these awards on to – have been already mentioned in the blogs linked in this post, so you should check them out.
Phew. I definitely feel better that I’m all caught up again.
How lucky we are that so many people love our little blog. We’re so glad you visit and share our story. We think it’s a happy one!