Lunch notes

No, this isn’t Tasty Tuesday appearing a day late, this is about finding little notes when you open your lunch box or unwrap your bag.

Love Bug spent the day with her grandma yesterday, and when I dropped her off, my mumma sent me to work with a muffin she’d made the day before. And there was a note on it for me.

Rewind 30 years and I’m a schoolgirl opening my lunch and finding a note from my mumma. I loved my note just as much yesterday as I did all of those years ago. Except that I probably appreciated the note a little more yesterday.

It reminded me how nice it is to have an unexpected message from someone who loves you to brighten your day. It also strengthened my resolve to do the same, write Love Bug notes and put them in her lunch.

lunch notes

The sad part is that other thought I had simultaneously: that I’d never put the messages on the outside of her lunch, in case anyone else saw them and bullied her about it. Not that I ever remember anyone bullying me because I had sweet little notes from my mumma in my lunch {although I was bullied for other reasons}, just that bullying seems to be more prevalent these days.

Hopefully my secret notes will add to her strength and independence: because she’ll know – whether she’s having a fabulous day, or a not soo good day – that there’s someone in this world who thinks she’s the bees knees. Me!

1. jhwilliams70 says:

Put the notes in because she will know that being loved is much better than being in the right gang xx

2. It’s just generations of sweetness! I love it!

1. I learned good mumma stuff from a pretty awesome teacher!

3. Amanda says:

Awww the love in your family! Beautiful!

4. Bongo says:

Surprise notes are always special. My person sometimes did that for my younger person when he took his lunch to school. Me, I’ll be happy with an extra treat or two.

1. I think extra treats are like little love notes 🙂

5. My little man can’t read yet so I stick little dinosaurs (his fave things in the world) or other little things in there as a surprise.
    I like the idea of drawing a picture though. I’ma gonna get my artiste on!

On the flip side, my hubby left me a note under a cup with a tea bag already in it the other day. That won him mega cute points.

1. Bubba can’t read either, but I love the idea of dinosaurs!

6. tric says:

We have always been big on notes. My kids laugh when my husband leaves them notes with matchstick pictures on them. The eldest is 22! When she traveled to the US this year for the summer I planted a card in her case for her.

7. Bea b says:

I was more worried the kids who don’t get notes might be sad no one loves them. Notes in the inside and everyone is safe!

8. Dalton says:

It shows a sad state of affairs when typists mind also went to the ‘what if she is bullied because of the notes’ thought!